Liquitex Modeling Paste 8fl oz Medium
Relative Opacity: Opaque
- Extra heavy body and very opaque.
- A marble paste made of marble dust and 100% polymer emulsion.
- Used to build heavy textures on rigid supports and create three-dimensional forms.
- Dries to the hardness of stone. It can be sanded or carved when thoroughly dry.
- Can be handled like clay if the top of the container is removed and some of the water is allowed to slowly evaporate until it reaches a clay-like consistency.
- Adheres to any non-oily, absorbent surface.
- Drying too quickly causes mud cracking that is usually cosmetic, not structural.
- When mixed with acrylic colors will act as a weak tinting white, while increasing thickness and rigidity.
- Excellent substrate for acrylic paint, oil paint, oil pastel, oil bars, watercolor, graphite or dry pastel.
- Apply with knife, brush, cake decorating tools, etc.
- To prevent shrinkage cracks (mud cracking), dry slowly by covering loosely with plastic wrap. Apply less than 1/4" thick.
- Mix with acrylic colors to produce a colored tinted paste.
- When dry, Liquitex Acrylic Modeling Paste may be painted with acrylic or oil colors.
- Sculptural: Apply in thin layers allowing each layer to dry before applying next layer. If cracks appear, allow to dry and fill in with additional thin layer of Acrylic Modeling Paste.
- Rigid support: Use straight from container.
- Flexible support: Mix Liquitex Acrylic Modeling Paste 50/50 with Gloss Gel Medium, Matte Gel Medium, Gloss Heavy Gel Medium, or Super Heavy Gel Medium.
- Ground: Apply a thin layer of Liquitex Acrylic Modeling Paste to rigid surface (i.e. wood), using a palette knife, trowel or roller. Let dry, then sand smooth. Repeat if necessary.
- Absorbent ground: Mix 1 part Liquitex Acrylic Modeling Paste with 3 parts Liquitex® Acrylic Gesso. Apply with trowel or roller. Let dry, then sand smooth. Repeat if necessary.
- Papier-Maché: Mix Liquitex Acrylic Modeling Paste 50/50 with Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium, Matte Gel Medium or Gloss Heavy Gel Medium. Soak paper in this mixture