Art Foamies - Kae Pea | Dissent | Foam Stamp
Art Foamies - Kae Pea | Dissent Collar | Foam Stamp
Stamping with ArtFoamies
- This listing is for one ArtFoamies stamp designed by Kae Pea! ArtFoamies Foam Stamps can be used with acrylic paint, fabric paint or inks. Easy clean-up. Decorate fabric, smooth walls, floors, furniture, curtains, tablecloths, scrapbook papers, gift wrap, mixed media and much more. A revolution in block printing. If it doesn't move - STAMP it!
- Approx. image size 6" x 1"
- Take a look at all the ArtFoamies.
- Pre-washed fabric – natural fibres like cotton, smooth linen, or dye-ready silk are best.
- (Do not use fabric softener when preparing fabrics)
- For best results, iron fabric before stamping. Pillows, aprons, canvases (primed or unprimed), paper and cardstock. Smooth walls, floors and furniture.
- Unglazed clay, glazed pottery, cork, chalkboards, wood, and more.
Recommended Paints and Pigments
- Use any acrylic paints (but no oil-based paints).
- Use water-based or water-cleanup mediums, pigments, and ink pads. Okay with non-alcohol, non-solvent spray mists.
- Load more than one colour on the StampBuddy.
- Use a sponge, brush, or roller to add colour to ArtFoamies Stamps.
- Paint fabric with a brush and use a clean ArtFoamies Stamp to lift colour.
- (The lift technique works best if a lighter colour or extender is painted first).
- Create shadow effects by stamping several times without more ink or paint.
Tips and Tricks
- Put a layer of padding (towel, felt, phone book pages) under fabric before stamping.
- Make sure walls and furniture are clean and dry before stamping.
- Take care not to rock the ArtFoamies Stamp so images remain crisp.
- Don’t forget to heat set fabric paint per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Spread out rolls or large sheets of paper to make gift wrap.
- Stamp on top of patterned papers to create unique effects.
Care and Storage
- Rinse ArtFoamies Stamps with running water immediately after use.
- Gently and thoroughly clean the grooves in the stamps.
- Do not let paints or inks dry on the stamps.
- Dish soap can be used if necessary, but do NOT use chemical cleaners.
- Stamps may stain, but the stains won’t affect your art work
- Rinse the StampBuddy before it dries; do not leave the StampBuddy in water.
- Store ArtFoamies Stamps flat in shallow trays or boxes.
- Make sure nothing presses into the stamps’ surface when they are stored.
VIDEO : Learn more about these very versatile ArtFoamies in the following videos.