DecoArt - Americana Acrylic Paints
DecoArt - Americana Acrylic Paints - New Colours
To view and/or purchase different colours please use the scroll down menu above.
Each colour is sold separately.
- Americana Acrylics come in 253 bright pigments that offer excellent coverage in one coat. Two sizes: 2 oz and 8 oz.
- Each bottle of Americana Acrylics will deliver superior coverage with a permanent, durable finish and is ideal for professional artists, crafters, and students.
- Americana Acrylics are water-based and non-toxic and can be varnished to create various sheens.
- This acrylic paint can be used on almost any surface.
- Bright and lightfast pigments.
- One coat coverage with most colors.
- Color consistency.
- Blends easily.
- Durable, matte finish.
- Consistent viscosity.
- Soap and water clean-up while wet.
- Made in the USA.
Download Colour Chart to help you chose your colours.
How to use:
- Shake well before using. Apply one well-brushed coat using a soft brush or sponge brush.
- Apply multiple coats when using more transparent colors.
- Allow to dry thoroughly before applying additional coats or varnishes.
Tips from Americana Acrylic Paints:
- Squirt a small amount out of the bottle at a time since acrylics dry so quickly.
- Masking tape applied over already-dried acrylic paint will not damage the existing paint, thus making it easier to produce a hard or sharp edge.
- Glass or high-density plastic makes a great reusable palette because acrylic paints will not cling to them, making clean-up easy.
- Typically, the shelf life for most paints is 5-7 years. If kept in a closed container under stable living temperatures, shelf life can be indefinite. Here are a few guidelines to follow to determine if your Americana Acrylics are still good to use: If your paints can be re-mixed by shaking or stirring, they are fine to use, If the paints can't be successfully shaken or stirred, they should be discarded and replaced. If there are small pieces of dried matter in the paint, you can create a filter by unscrewing the paint cap, placing a small piece of nylon stocking or similar fine-weave, thin fabric over the opening, then putting the cap back on. When you squeeze out the paint, dried matter will stay inside the bottle, and only smooth paint will flow out. If there are "strings" in the paint, it is best to discard and replace it.
- Dry time can depend on temperature, humidity, thickness of application etc. Americana Acrylics normal dry to touch within 15 minutes or less.
- Americana Acrylics can be used on surfaces such as metal, glass, or fabric, as long as you use the proper medium.
- To paint on metal or glass, first prime with Multi-Purpose Sealer or mix it directly with the paint.
- Mix Fabric Painting Medium with paint for painting on fabric. The painted design should be heat-set with an iron once the paint has cured.