Posted on July 02 2021
Sizzix Crepe Paper Rose
By Jessica Slack for Sizzix Blog
To celebrate our brand new crepe paper and floral dies being released, I wanted to show you guys step by step of how to construct a Sizzix crepe paper flower! Along with tips on how to shade, sculpt and manipulate the crepe paper to make a gorgeous, realistic looking flower than can be used for many different projects from a full bouquet to a gift wrap embellishment.
You Will Need...
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - Classic Rose (664923)
- Sizzix Effectz - Creamy Matte Acrylic Paint, Hibiscus, 60ml (664556)
- Sizzix Surfacez - Crepe Pape, 12" x 24", Color Splash, 10 sheets (664668)
- Glue Gun
- Florist Wire
- Wooden/Polystyrene Balls
- Gift box & Ribbon if attaching Rose to a gift
1. To make the Sizzix Crepe Paper Rose, die cut the multiple petal sizes from a medium pink coloured crepe paper making sure the grain of crepe paper runs from top to bottom of the die cut.
2. Use the hibiscus creamy acrylic paint and a paintbrush to add shading to each petal ensuring that the paper does not get too wet otherwise it will distort slightly.