Posted on May 28 2021
Rit - How to Make Rainbow Mesh Beach Bag
Shared from: Rit blog Dated: 27th May 2021
Whether you’re going to the farmers market or to the beach, this rainbow mesh bag will carry all your essentials every step of the way.
- Total: 30 minutes
2. Scrunch bag vertically and wrap rubber bands down the length of the bag.
3. To prepare squeeze bottles follow the instructions below:
- Shake dye bottle well
- Wearing protective gloves, add 2 tsp of liquid dye or 1/4 tsp of powder dye to squeeze bottles.
- Add 1 tsp of salt if dyeing cotton, rayon, ramie or linen. Add 1 tsp of vinegar if dyeing silk or wool.
- Fill the remainder of the squeeze bottle with hot tap water.
- Place one finger over the bottle cap and shake well to dissolve the dye. Use caution when removing the cap.
- If dyeing with multiple colours, repeat for each colour.
- If temperature of dye mixture cools down during dye application, reheat mixture by microwaving the bottle for 15 seconds.
5. Apply dyes to create a rainbow
6. Once you’re satisfied with the application, allow the bag to sit and absorb the dye for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, apply ColorStay Dye Fixative to maximise colour retention and reduce colour bleeding.
8. Place bag in a the microwave tray provided with the Tie-Dye Accessory Kit and close lid by snapping tabs in place. Fabric must be completely damp when microwaved and cannot have any metal attached to it.
9. If the microwave wattage is 1,000 watts, microwave for 2 minutes. If the wattage is 700 watts, microwave for 3 minutes. Do not leave microwave unattended while in use.
10. After microwaving, let tray sit for 5 minutes. Open the lid and allow the garment to cool off for another 5 minutes or until it is cool to the touch.
11. Rinse in cool water until the rinse water being to run clear and carefully remove rubber bands.
12. Wash in cold water with a mild detergent, rinse and dry.