Posted on February 25 2022
Easy Brownie Layer Cake
Shared from Wilton blog
A five-layer brownie cake. That's what taking your game day snacking to the next level looks like. Decadent layers of rich brownie surrounded by fresh-whipped buttercream frosting filled with mini chocolate morsels and peanuts with sweet caramel sauce drippy down the sizes. Make all 5 decadent brownie layers using the Easy Layers Pan Set.AMOUNT: 6-8 Servings
PREP TIME: 20 min
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
TOTAL TIME: 3 hr 30 min
- 1 package (18.3 ounces) fudge brownie mix
- ingredients to prepare mix
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar (confectioners' sugar)
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped roasted salted peanuts
- 2-3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- Easy Layers cake pan set
- Non-stick spray
- Mixing bowls
- Cooling Rack
- Electric mixer
1 - Make brownies. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Prepare Easy Layers Baking Pans with vegetable pan spray.
2 - In a large bowl, prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
3 - Divide batter evenly between prepared pans, filling about 1/4 full. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until brownies are firm to the touch. Cool almost completely in pans.
4 - Carefully loosen bottom and sides of brownies from pan with offset spatula. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.\
5 - Make frosting. In a large bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and salt with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
6 - Divide frosting in half. Stir in half of the mini chocolate chips and chopped peanuts into half of the frosting.
7 - Assemble cake. Begin layering brownies with frosting, spreading to edges and building up.
8 - Frost the top with plain frosting and lightly crumb coat the sides.
9 - Drizzle caramel down the sides of the tower then top the cake with the remaining chocolate chips and peanuts.
- To store: Wrap well and store at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. Cake is best eaten the week it is made.